A leadership program that deepens your connection to the community and your capacity to make a difference.
“My awareness as a leader grew from the myopic focus inside my organization to a strategic view into the community as a whole. I now see how every sector of our community is tied together and our businesses can collectively help the community grow and not only sustain over time, but thrive. We are better together and working as a community can build greatness.”
– Julie Juvera, Leadership Louisville Class of 2012, Formerly of Texas Roadhouse, Inc.
For over 40 years, The Leadership Louisville program has been part of the fabric of our community. Both lifelong residents and those new to Louisville learn more about the city over 10 months – exploring a new sector each session. Carefully designed cohorts and curriculum provide an unmatched experience.
How Individuals Benefit
- Accelerated personal and professional growth
- The opportunity to forge deep relationships with top leaders across all sectors of the community
- Powerful experiences that will change how you see yourself and your role as a leader
- Comprehensive understanding of the assets and issues of the Kentuckiana region
- An eye-opening experience that will deepen your connection to the city and inspire you to make it a better place
How Organizations benefit
- Your leaders gain outside perspective, learn from other industries to innovate the way you do business
- Research shows that 87% of organizations that leverage corporate social responsibility to develop leaders say it positively impacts overall engagement and performance.
- More connected and empowered leaders give companies more influence and ability to impact the greater good
- Participants better understand and take responsibility for the broader community, providing new opportunities for your organization to deal firsthand with vital local issues
Who Should Apply
The Leadership Louisville program is designed for established leaders who are ready to generate meaningful social impact and contribute to the region’s growth and success. Approximately 60 leaders are selected through a competitive application process each year to represent the diversity of the Louisville region. Anyone is welcome to apply to the program – regardless of whether they’ve been nominated. The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates leadership through their work and service.
- May have a senior title in their organization or hold a senior position in their community.
- Represents an important organization in the region.
- Is committed to attend the opening retreat (August 10-12, 2022) as well as monthly program days. (Click here to see the full calendar)
- Aspires to work with and through others to make Louisville a world-class community.
Details and Tuition
- Time Commitment: Leadership Louisville participants must attend the mandatory overnight opening retreat (August 12-13, 2021) and are expected to attend each of the nine program days, held once per month. (Click here to see the full program calendar)
- Tuition: Tuition for Leadership Louisville is $6,200 – includes meals and materials, and overnight lodging for opening retreat.
- Tuition Support: Tuition support is available based on need. The application for tuition assistance is part of the online application.
- Application Deadline: The next application window for the Leadership Louisville program will open in Spring 2023. Stay tuned for the deadline!
How to Apply
Applications for the next Leadership Louisville class will open in Spring 2023. A completed Leadership Louisville application consists of several components:
- Completed online application form
- Photograph suitable for print and online use (see requirements and submit this here)
“I learned a lot about Louisville, but most importantly, I learned more about myself and how I sought to progress as a leader in our city. Being immersed in LL with other leaders is a priceless experience for anyone who wants to make a difference in our community.”
Mary Ellen Wiederwohl, Founder & Former Chief, Louisville Forward
“My Leadership Louisville experience was a great introduction to many facets of the city and was an
amazing networking opportunity.”
Evon Smith, President & CEO, OneWest
“I’ve lived in Louisville for over 25 years and have largely been on the periphery. I now feel engaged and connected.”
Dave Dafoe, Owner & CEO, Flavorman
“Leadership Louisville has been a game changer in my life.Your program has opened my eyes and many doors to our community.”
Al Cornish, Chief Learning Officer, Closing the Gap, LLC
“Like so many things in life, relationships matter; and the connections I made through the Leadership Louisville program have developed into friendships and professional relationships that I lean on constantly.”
Theresa Reno-Weber, President & CEO, Metro United Way
“The Leadership Louisville program does an excellent job of bringing together a dynamic group of people that are energized about their community and want to play a bigger role in its success. It was an eye opening experience as a lifelong resident of this community and I am better prepared to be an effective board member or trustee thanks to my experience.”
David L. Hardy, CCIM, Managing Director, CBRE
“The personal and professional growth opportunity offered by participating in Leadership Louisville is fantastic. You work with and are surrounded by some of the brightest minds in our community. It would be very difficult for anyone to go through the Leadership Louisville process and not find significant growth in yourself.”
Greg Fante, CSEE, Vice President of Sports Development, Louisville Sports Commission
“This entire year has been well above my expectations, and our day in Frankfort was certainly one I will remember for many reasons. To top it all off, this is a team journey with wonderful classmates who I am fortunate to forge friendships with along the way. Thanks to you all.”
Sean Miranda, Director, Baird
“I cannot tell you how much of a game changer Leadership Louisville has been in my life. Your programs have opened my eyes and many doors to our community.”
John Roberts, M.D., Vice Dean for Graduate Medical Education, University of Louisville Medical School
“Beyond a course, event or even an experience, Leadership Louisville created an ongoing momentum that has impacted my sense of connection in our city, changed the way I approach my role as a business owner and raised the awareness of my responsibility in Louisville.”
Mark Hogg, Founder & CEO, WaterStep
Please see Frequently Asked Questions about Leadership Louisville program or contact Aimee Jewell:
Want more information about the Leadership Louisville Program?Fill out this form, and we'll get back to you!