Harnessing knowledge, passion and connections to build a world-class community.
About the Program
Now entering its 35th year, Leadership Louisville is a 10-month experience that is transformational for both participants and the organizations they lead. Through hands-on experiences, participants fully explore local government, education, economic development and the arts. You’ll see it all through the eyes of experienced area leaders who deal every day with our community’s biggest challenges. With the benefit of new perspectives and connections, participants are prepared to take their places as effective community leaders.
“Leadership Louisville helped me connect with other professionals in Louisville while exploring many ‘new to me’ aspects of the city. I gained new friends, new knowledge and a renewed sense of responsibility to make our community better.”
Elaine Gravatte (LL ’12), Senior Vice President of Operations, D.D. Williamson
“Being new to the community, Leadership Louisville was a great way for me to get to know the region and build a larger network. I took away better knowledge of Louisville’s strengths and the challenges we face, as well as optimism for our future because of the work my classmates are doing to make things even greater.”
Tom Partridge (LL ’12), President and Chief Executive Officer, Fifth Third Bank
“Beyond a course, event or even an experience, Leadership Louisville created an ongoing momentum that has impacted my sense of connection in our city, changed the way I approach my role as a business owner and raised the awareness of my responsibility in Louisville.”
Mark Hogg (LL ’12) – Founder and Chief Executive Officer, WaterStep (formerly EDGE Outreach)
How Individuals Benefit
- Immersion in how Louisville actually runs will give you a broader and deeper perspective on the city and your role in the community.
- You will build a long-lasting network of civic-minded local leaders who both support and challenge your views on the community’s key issues.
- You’ll discover issues you are passionate about by experiencing them firsthand.
Read blog posts from current participants and graduates about their Leadership Louisville experience.
How Organizations benefit
- Participants meet fellow community leaders, establish connections and expand their circle of influence.
- Your company leaders establish relationships that will provide new opportunities to serve the community and deal firsthand with vital local issues.
- The program provides participants with foundations to build a strong local network, deepening individual connections to the community and making more committed leaders.
Time commitment: Two-day opening retreat followed by one program day each month (August – May)
Who should Apply
The Leadership Louisville program is designed for experienced leaders who want to significantly increase their impact on their organization and their community. This includes senior executives, presidents and vice presidents, executive directors, business owners, and high-level directors and managers, representing all industries and business types within our region.
How to Apply
Applications for the Leadership Louisville Class of 2014 will be open March 4 through April 26, 2013. The online application considers prior Leadership Louisville Center program participation, education, career, community service, responses to essay questions and recommendations.
Want to be notified when applications open? Join our email list.