Building Stronger Next-Generation Leaders.
About the Program
Ignite Louisville prepares high-potential professionals for expanded opportunities in career and community leadership. Now offered twice a year (see program calendars), Ignite Louisville is a seven month life-changing personal and professional development experience that produces the skills, confidence, problem-solving abilities and connections essential to realizing leadership potential. Participants gain hands-on experience in civic leadership and working effectively as a team as well as heightened visibility within the community. Norton Healthcare is the presenting sponsor of Ignite Louisville. Yum! Brands sponsors the Yum! IGNITES Louisville Challenge, the service learning component of the program.
Applications now open
Apply for classes that starts in October 2016 and April 2017. Learn how to apply
Learn how your organization can benefit from the Ignite Louisville program.
See the results achieved for six nonprofits as part of the Spring 2016 Yum! IGNITES Louisville Challenge.
“Ignite Louisville is an amazing program that has helped me tremendously in my leadership journey. The skills and the hands-on work with a non-profit have been invaluable and I will continue to use these skills in my daily work.”
Shari Baxter, PHD, – Beam Inc.
“I would and have recommended the Ignite Louisville program to friends and family. It was worth every bit of the personal sacrifice of time and finances. It has made me a better man, associate for my company, and leader in my community.
Alford Beck, – Humana Inc.
“The best and most surprising outcome from my experience in Ignite Louisville was this new circle of great friends. The program is designed to pull together teams of people with unique personalities and diverse professional expertise. We all grew to respect, leverage and learn from each other’s strengths.
Liz Zummach, – Humana Inc.
How Individuals Benefit
- Gain leadership lessons that can only be learned outside your comfort zone.
- Unforgettable experiences and relationships that pay dividends personally and professionally.
- Public recognition as a rising leader armed with professional development training from the region’s top corporations, including Norton Healthcare, Yum! Brands, Inc., Brown-Forman Corporation, Horseshoe Southern Indiana, Northwestern Mutual, as well as the U.S. Army.
- Strong credentials as someone with demonstrated ability to take on leadership challenges and serve on civic boards and committees.
How Organizations Benefit
- Better, stronger leaders, regardless of the size of your organization.
- Valuable business connections with the region’s top corporations, including access to invaluable internal training programs of these organizations.
- Local recognition as an organization dedicated to growing the next generation of leaders in our community.
- Learn more about how your organization benefits.
Ignite Louisville is offered two times annually, from April-October and October-April. Both programs include a two-day opening retreat followed by one full day per month for six months, plus time spent working with a nonprofit partner in the Yum! IGNITES Challenge service-learning project. See program calendars for the two classes that began in 2016.
Program calendars for upcoming classes
Program days are from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. (except noted below)
Class beginning October 2016:
October 27-28, 2016 (Mandatory overnight Opening Retreat)
November 16, 2016 (Early start at 7:30 a.m.)
December 14, 2016
January 18, 2017
February 15, 2017
March 15, 2017
April 19, 2017 (Graduation 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
Class beginning April 2017:
April 27-28, 2017 (Mandatory overnight Opening Retreat)
May 24, 2017 (Early start at 7:30 a.m.)
June 14, 2017
July 12, 2017
August 9, 2017
Sept 6, 2017
Oct 4, 2017 (Graduation 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
Who should apply
The Ignite Louisville program is designed for next generation leaders who are on the path to significant leadership positions within their companies and organizations. The ideal Ignite Louisville candidate is an individual who is engaged, involved and ready to make a positive impact both in their career and in their community. Join our email list to be notified about important dates regarding the Ignite Louisville program.
How to Apply
See Frequently Asked Questions about Ignite Louisville. For more information, contact Angella Wilson or call (502) 561-5221.