Who it’s for
First-time and established managers, and those considering a transition into management.
Why this course
Studies show that without proper training, 60% of all new managers underperform for their first two years. First-time managers who receive the necessary tools and training from the start are set up to become leaders who create engaged, productive teams, and drive greater results for your organization.
This course builds on the the best-selling book, The New One-Minute Manager®, to help with the exciting and challenging transition to management. It also introduces concepts from the world’s most trained leadership model, Situational Leadership®.
In this newly developed first-time manager curriculum, Blanchard identifies four skills and conversations all managers must master. Participants will learn:
- Manager Mindset – the mindset required to transition from individual contributor to manager
- Four Conversations Model – a highly effective framework for understanding conversations needed to manage people and performance
- Four Essential Skills – tools to have purposeful conversations that create positive, productive relationships
Plus Digital Learning for a Year
After the workshop, participants have access to the First-Time Manager Challenge, an online portal that guides learners through a set of tasks to practice skills back on the job. They also have access to the Blanchard app, workshop videos, and worksheets for a full year.
November 4, 2021 | full day + online platform & app ($900)
Leadership Louisville Center members receive $100 off – contact us for the discount code.
Become a Green Room package holder and receive discounts of up to 20%.
“Neil is one of the strongest facilitators we have ever worked with. He intently builds rapport with each group and draws every participant into the conversation. Neil is a valued business partner whose interest is always in the success of the client.”
– Michael Kerrigan, Vice President of Human Resources, Aerotek Inc.
“Neil has a down-to-earth style, holds your attention, and expertly draws out the big issues that need addressing. He has helped us with internal team-building dynamics and with owner relations and interplay by giving us easily implemented road maps for improvements.”
– Michael Cobelli, Chief Operating Officer, Skanska USA Civil
“Simple, yet incredibly powerful concepts that I can use immediately.”
– Jon Moore, Chief of Staff, Assistant Director, Louisville Metro Public Health & Wellness
“Enjoyed the presentation and the presenter, Neil Haveron. Educational and entertaining.”
– Aimee Luis, Human Resources Manager, Franklin Bank & Trust Co.
“Tons of great, useful information. Well structured and easy to follow.”
– David Carter, Vice President, Director of Client Operations, Republic Bank
Neil Haveron is a Senior Consultant & Trainer with The Ken Blanchard Companies.
Need more information? Contact Zuri Johnson, Leadership Development Manager or call (502) 561-0458.