Who It’s For
Leaders who want to draw the best out of their teams while also nurturing the growth of individuals along the way; all leadership levels are welcome to this course and we will put you into groups with peers at your same level. Course is open to individual leaders and teams.
Why this course
Developing and leading high-performance teams can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your career – and also one of the most challenging. You recognize a high-performing team when you see one, but what enables their success isn’t always as clear. By understanding how to create and sustain high-performance teams while also developing the skills and confidence of each individual, you can unlock the full potential of your people and increase organizational effectiveness.
This course takes you through the Six C’s for High-Performance Teams: Conscious Leadership, Common Purpose & Shared Goals, Communication, Collaboration, Conflict Management, and Celebration.
- Decode the characteristics and behaviors of high-performance teams
- Explore the science behind high-performance teams
- Practice using a range of leadership styles (forward, alongside, behind)
- Understand how to overcome and manage common team dysfunctions
- Learn how to enable cohesion while also allowing for productive conflict
- Discover how to harness the diverse strengths of your team for greater creativity and productive collaboration
- Understand the power of effective communication and how to manage change
- Practice leadership behaviors and influencing techniques that you can start using immediately back at work
- Work in peer-coaching groups to develop a customized action plan
May 14-15, 2020 | 2 Days ($900)
Leadership Louisville Center members receive $100 off – contact us for discount code.
Become a Green Room package holder and receive discounts of up to 20%.
“This was a great course that provided excellent resources in a clear, concise format. Simple to digest. Challenging to implement!”
– Tom George, Chief Financial Officer, Volunteers of America – Mid States
“I never rate all top scores, but this program deserves it. There is so much to take away. The challenge is where to start.”
– Kelly Gonzalez, VP, Manager Learning and Development, Hilliard Lyons, a Baird Company
“This program was never dull or repetitive. Every lesson was extremely relatable and helpful, both personally and professionally.”
– Meagan Boyle, Senior Account Manager, Doe-Anderson
About the Facilitator
Lisa Zangari is Vice President at the Leadership Louisville Center and is a frequent speaker at events and conferences around the region. The Center is a national leader in civic engagement and leadership development whose purpose is to inspire and equip leaders to BE BETTER and DO BETTER. Her work has been published in TD Magazine and in 2017, Lisa was also recognized as one of Business First’s 20 People to Know in Career Development.
Prior to joining the Center, Lisa spent over a decade as a management consultant in New York City, where she partnered closely with organizations to develop new products, launch new ventures and nurture more innovative corporate cultures. She’s designed numerous leadership programs for companies like AARP, Abbott Pharmaceuticals, Citibank, Disney, Hasbro, Pfizer, The Acumen Fund, The Hershey Company, and more. In addition to leading a team in North America, this invigorating work gave Lisa the opportunity to travel to Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Europe.
Lisa is active in several community organizations and serves on the boards of a local food-access nonprofit, and the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts. She holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology and earned her M.B.A. from Texas A&M University.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
The HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) has pre-approved this workshop for 6.5 recertification credit hours. This program is also valid for 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
Need more information? Contact Zuri Johnson, Leadership Development Manager, or call (502) 561-0458.