Who It’s For
Leaders who want to draw the best out of their teams while also nurturing the growth of individuals along the way; all leadership levels are welcome to this course and we will put you into groups with peers at your same level. Course is open to individual leaders and teams.
Why this course
Developing and leading high-performance teams can be one of the most rewarding experiences of your career – and also one of the most challenging. You recognize a high-performing team when you see one, but what enables their success isn’t always as clear. By understanding how to create and sustain high-performance teams while also developing the skills and confidence of each individual, you can unlock the full potential of your people and increase organizational effectiveness.
This course takes you through the Six C’s for High-Performance Teams: Conscious Leadership, Common Purpose & Shared Goals, Communication, Collaboration, Conflict Management, and Celebration.
- Decode the characteristics and behaviors of high-performance teams
- Explore the science behind high-performance teams
- Practice using a range of leadership styles (forward, alongside, behind)
- Understand how to overcome and manage common team dysfunctions
- Learn how to enable cohesion while also allowing for productive conflict
- Discover how to harness the diverse strengths of your team for greater creativity and productive collaboration
- Understand the power of effective communication and how to manage change
- Practice leadership behaviors and influencing techniques that you can start using immediately back at work
- Work in peer-coaching groups to develop a customized action plan
May 14-15, 2020 | 2 Days ($900)
Leadership Louisville Center members receive $100 off – contact us for discount code.
Become a Green Room package holder and receive discounts of up to 20%.
“This was a great course that provided excellent resources in a clear, concise format. Simple to digest. Challenging to implement!”
– Tom George, Chief Financial Officer, Volunteers of America – Mid States
“I never rate all top scores, but this program deserves it. There is so much to take away. The challenge is where to start.”
– Kelly Gonzalez, VP, Manager Learning and Development, Hilliard Lyons, a Baird Company
“This program was never dull or repetitive. Every lesson was extremely relatable and helpful, both personally and professionally.”
– Meagan Boyle, Senior Account Manager, Doe-Anderson
About the Facilitator
Lisa Zangari is Vice President of the Leadership Louisville Center and a frequent speaker at events and conferences around the region. She oversees the design and launch of new leadership programs and experiences for a wide range of audiences and facilitates many of the Center’s current professional development and civic programs. In her role, Lisa also helps to cultivate investment in the Center’s mission of inspiring and equipping leaders to bebetter and do better.
Prior to joining the Center, Lisa worked in New York City as a management consultant and innovation strategist where she partnered closely with Fortune 500 executives to develop new products, launch new ventures and nurture more innovative corporate cultures. She’s designed leadership programs around the world for companies such as AARP, Citibank, Disney, Hasbro, Pfizer, and The Hershey Company. Locally, she’s developed leadership programs for organizations such as Atria Senior Living, Home of the Innocents, the Kentucky Population Health Institute, Texas Roadhouse, and more.
In addition to her work at the Leadership Louisville Center, Lisa serves on the Boards of New Roots, a local food access nonprofit, and the Kentucky Center for the Arts. In 2017, Lisa was recognized as one of Business First’s “20 People to Know in Career Development.”
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
The HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) has pre-approved this workshop for 6.5 recertification credit hours. This program is also valid for 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM.
Need more information? Contact Lisa Zangari, Vice President, or call (502) 561-0458.