BESTSELLING AUTHORS & EXPERTS IN WORKPLACE DYNAMICS TO HEADLINE LEADINGBETTER SUMMIT ON MARCH 9, 2023
Special early discounted registration now available for the hybrid event
Bestselling authors and experts in workplace dynamics are the first speakers to be announced for the annual LeadingBetter™ Summit on March 9, 2023 from 8:30am-5pm, the Leadership Louisville Center’s signature event focused on inspiring and equipping leaders at all levels to be better and do better. Presented by sponsor PNC Bank and speaker sponsor Humana, the annual day of learning will be delivered as a hybrid event experience, with the opportunity to attend in-person at The Kentucky Center (501 W. Main. St., Louisville, KY) or participate in an interactive virtual event, both with features that will leave participants feeling engaged, connected, and prepared to lead now and into the future.
This day for learning and growth is known for delivering powerful and relevant content from innovative global leaders. The 2023 event will include speakers addressing the most important and pressing challenges that leaders are facing, including:
- Amy Gallo, author and contributing editor of Harvard Business Review, is an expert in conflict, communication, and workplace dynamics. She combines the latest management research with practical advice to deliver evidence-based ideas on how to improve relationships and excel at work. Her session is titled, “Getting Along: How to Improve Relationships to Drive Results.”
- Liz Fosslien & Mollie West Duffy, the dynamic duo behind Instagram’s popular @LizandMollie online community and co-authors of the Wall Street Journal bestseller No Hard Feelings: The Secret Power of Embracing Emotions at Work and the bestselling book Big Feelings: How To Be Okay When Things Are Not Okay. Their session is titled, “Why Bringing Emotions to Work Matters: Emotionally Fluent Leadership.”
- Justin Patton, an executive coach, leadership presence expert, and award-winning author of four books who challenges individuals to use their presence to communicate with stronger trust – both in the workplace and with the people they love the most. His session is titled, “Trust & The Road to Loyalty.”
- Debra Clary, social scientist and corporate director for the Leadership Institute, Humana Inc. is a passionate leader with three decades of experience with Fortune 100 Companies: Frito-Lay, Coca-Cola, Brown-Forman and Humana. Her business acumen spans operations, marketing, strategy, board governance and talent development. Her session is titled, “Curiosity: The Secret Elixir to Inclusive Leadership.”
Additional speakers will soon be announced.
The 2023 LeadingBetter Summit will be hosted at The Kentucky Center, 501 W. Main St., Louisville, KY, with a virtual event option available. Discounted early registration is available through January 13, 2023 at www.leadershiplouisville.org/summit. Early registration is $395 for in-person, and $250 for virtual attendance. Sponsorships and special group rates are available by contacting Jennifer Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org or (502) 561-5231.
WHO ATTENDS & WHY: The LeadingBetter Summit is a unique professional development opportunity for leaders at all levels. Attendees range from up-and-coming leaders to C-suite executives, with nearly 70% working at a director level or above. Both the in-person and virtual event offer valuable business networking opportunities both within and beyond the Louisville region.
Over 200 different companies and organizations attend this leadership conference each year, including the area’s top five largest publicly traded companies, two Fortune 100 and two Fortune 500 companies, and several large private-sector employers. Nearly 30% of virtual attendees are from outside of Louisville. Industries represented include businesses from large to small, Professional services (Accounting, Law, Real Estate, Builders, Financial Services, Insurance, etc.), Education, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Nonprofit organizations.
The leadership curriculum is designed to help participants:
- Build organizations that are more resilient, innovative, and more able to navigate change and uncertainty.
- Gain deeper knowledge around interpersonal dynamics, developing high-performance teams, and becoming a leader that people want to follow.
- Grow your ability to adapt, collaborate, achieve great results, and lead in our new hybrid world.
ABOUT THE LEADERSHIP LOUISVILLE CENTER
The Leadership Louisville Center is the region’s most valuable resource for leadership development and civic engagement. With a purpose to inspire and equip leaders to be better and do better, it has graduated over 15,000 through its programs since 1979. The Center is recognized as a national best practice and is known for its dynamic programming and strong community connections. Programming includes five social impact leadership programs (Leadership Louisville, Focus Louisville, Ignite Louisville, Bingham Fellows and Encore Louisville), cohort programs for women and employee resource group leaders, leadership skills training courses presented through partner brand LeadingBetter™, and events designed to connect leaders and motivate positive change. Learn more at www.leadershiplouisville.org.
# # #