Explore Your Community. Make New Connections. Magnify Your Impact.
About the Program
For more than 30 years, Focus Louisville has offered everyone from newcomers to native Louisvillians a fascinating insider’s look at our community. In 2 1/2 days, you will connect with 50 other executives and civic-minded Louisvillians you might not otherwise cross paths with in a lifetime. It’s all designed to give attendees a more complete view and understanding of Louisville, along with a better sense of how to put leadership into action.
Next session: November 30-December 2, 2017
“I entered Focus Louisville intent on making connections in the business community and learning more about the city I’ve called home for more than a decade. The program more than delivered on my expectations, and was great on a personal professional level – I’ve already had several follow-up conversations with classmates.”
Shea Van Hoy, Managing Editor – Louisville Business First
“I think I learned more about Louisville in the past 8 hrs than I have in the 10 months I’ve lived here. Thanks for a great experience Leadership Louisville Center! ”
Kathryn Parrish, Senior Account Executive – RunSwitch Public Relations
“Growing up in the Louisville area, I was amazed at how much I learned about the city in such a short time. Focus Louisville made me excited to be a part of this great city – I am now motivated to find ways to give back.”
Tami Hatfield-Kennedy, Training & Events Coordinator – Ford Motor Company
“As a newcomer to the city, Focus Louisville gave me an edge. I was able to learn more about Louisville and make new connections that have yielded interest in our mission and sparked potential collaborations.”
Marta Miranda, President/CEO – The Center for Women and Families
“Through Focus Louisville I learned that Louisville is home to some incredible, game-changing work and play, both locally and globally.”
Ken Selvaggi, Vice President and General Manager – WAVE-TV
“These days in the Focus Louisville class made me excited to get involved in the community. I found that there are organizations that strike a spark within me, I just didn’t know about them yet!”
Katie Bennett, Mechanical Engineer – Louisville Gas & Electric Company
How Individuals Benefit
• Inspiration through a hands-on learning experience of Louisville’s past, present and potential future.
• Exposure to local leaders, issues and opportunities for community leadership.
• New friendships, new ideas and new perspectives from a diverse group of people within our community.
• Focus Louisville graduates have a stronger application for Ignite Louisville, Leadership Louisville, Bingham Fellows and Encore Louisville.
How Organizations Benefit
• Unique way to enhance operational training, as well as recognize and reward top talent.
• A more personal, more informational way to introduce new employees to all that Louisville has to offer.
• Valuable new relationships that can result in new opportunities and added visibility for your organization.
Focus Louisville is 2 ½ days – Thursday and Friday, 8-5, Saturday, 8-noon.
Who Should Participate
Anyone with enthusiasm to learn more about Louisville and take a more active role as a citizen should participate in Focus Louisville. Typically, participants range from newcomers to the community to long-time residents.