WORLD-CLASS EXECUTIVE EDUCATION IS HEADED TO LOUISVILLE:
Leadership Louisville Center to host “Becoming A Resonant Leader, Inspiring Change In Yourself And Others” Executive Green Room Workshop
The Leadership Louisville Center is partnering with the Weatherhead School of Management at Case Western Reserve University for its next Executive Green Room course, Becoming A Resonant Leader, on May 23-24. Led by Dr. Melvin Smith, Professor of Organizational Behavior, this course is specifically designed for top level executives with significant management responsibilities, and offers the inspiration – and tools – to spark and sustain change in yourself and others. The course is part of the Leadership Green Room, presented by the Republic Bank Foundation, which provides leadership development for individuals at all levels.
Why the Becoming A Resonant Leader course matters: Great leaders move others by tapping into a basic human characteristic – emotions. Along with talk of strategy and competition, truly great leaders also establish a deep emotional connection with others called resonance. By being in tune with those they lead – ‘resonant leaders’ help others to excel and can inspire their teams to reach extraordinary results. Learn more about Dr. Melvin Smith, and his career with Fortune 500 companies before becoming Faculty Director of executive education at Weatherhead.
May 23-24, 2017 (2 full days), $1,495
Leadership Louisville Center members receive a $100 discount – use discount code: MEMBER2DAY
WHO’S IT FOR?
Emerging executives and senior leaders with significant management responsibilities in their organizations.
- Defining great leadership
- The impact of resonant leadership versus dissonant leadership
- The contagious nature of emotions
- The power of neurogenesis
- Engaging the parasympathetic nervous system
- The cycle of sacrifice and renewal
- Further developing emotional and social intelligence competencies through the Process of Intentional Change
- Developing a personal vision
- Creating and leveraging a personal development network
- Understand how leaders harness the power of positive emotions to move through a deep emotional connection called resonance
- Discover what resonance looks and feels like
- Learn how to develop resonance in yourself and others
- Develop an advanced understanding of emotional and social intelligence
- Understand the challenges of sustaining effective leadership over time
- Practice the concept of Intentional Change Theory, an empirically-proven process for achieving sustained, desired change
- Understand the link between emotional intelligence and keeping employees engaged during times of disruption
Tuition includes a copy of Resonant Leadership (Richard Boyatzis and Annie McKee) and the accompanying workbook, Becoming a Resonant Leader.
“The Weatherhead professors are world class. It is incredibly valuable to be able to discuss real world leadership issues and their solutions with the people who literally wrote the books on them.”
Johnathan Choe, Executive Vice President/Retail Executive, Fifth Third Bank, USA
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS (CEU)
At the conclusion of Green Room courses, the Leadership Louisville Center will provide the following documentation for CEU credit purposes:
Date, record of individual attendance, course title and description, workshop/event agenda, facilitator bios, course hours, and educator signature.
Approval is at the discretion of specific licensing boards or agencies.
Certification Credits for HR Professionals
The HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) has pre-approved this workshop for 5 re-certification credit hours. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) for CPAs
Leadership Green Room workshops can provide professional development for individuals licensed to practice as a certified public accountants. Our course completion certificate and materials provide the documentation required by the Kentucky Board of Accountancy for CPE credits. The state board of accountancy has the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.