For Up-and-Coming Leaders, It’s Time to Ignite the Fire Within.
About the Program
Ignite Louisville prepares high-potential professionals for expanded opportunities in career and community leadership. Now offered twice a year (see program calendar), Ignite Louisville is a seven month life-changing personal and professional development experience that produces the skills, confidence, problem-solving abilities and connections essential to realizing leadership potential. Participants gain hands-on experience in civic leadership and working effectively as a team as well as heightened visibility within the community. Norton Healthcare is the presenting sponsor of Ignite Louisville.
“The energy of my classmates and the shared desire to do more for ourselves, our companies and our community has reignited a flame that was in danger of being extinguished. When I moved to Louisville 7 years ago, I was not engaged, nor felt I needed to be. Ignite Louisville has provided the fuel for my fire.”
Sue Perram, IL ’13 – Field Commercial Manager, Brown-Forman Corporation
“Ignite Louisville exceeded my expectations and is truly one of the best things I’ve done for my personal and professional development.” Amanda Bledsoe, IL ’13 Senior Analyst, Global System Communications – Yum! Brands, Inc.
“As a recent transplant to Louisville, Ignite Louisville didn’t just open doors for me, it kicked them down! The access to training, facilities and community leaders was outstanding, and the new friendships convinced me that Louisville is a place to call home.”Jonathan Hall, IL ’13 – Director of Operational Excellence, Horseshoe Southern Indiana
“Ignite Louisville gave me new leadership skills and a larger, stronger network in the community. Before the program, I didn’t have any nonprofit experience and now I’m on the Board of two organizations.”Rich Vollmer, IL ’13 – Regional Vice President, Humana, Inc.
How Individuals Benefit
- Gain leadership lessons that can only be learned outside your comfort zone.
- Unforgettable experiences and relationships that pay dividends personally and professionally.
- Public recognition as a rising leader armed with professional development training from the region’s top corporations, including Norton Healthcare, Yum! Brands, Inc., Brown-Forman Corporation, GE, Northwestern Mutual, as well as the U.S. Army.
- Strong credentials as someone with demonstrated ability to take on leadership challenges and serve on civic boards and committees.
How Organizations Benefit
- Better, stronger leaders, regardless of the size of your organization.
- Valuable business connections with the region’s top corporations, including access to invaluable internal training programs of these organizations.
- Local recognition as an organization dedicated to growing the next generation of leaders in our community.
Ignite Louisville is offered two times annually, from May-November and October-April. Both programs include a two-day opening retreat followed by one full day per month for six months, plus time spent working with a nonprofit partner in the Yum! IGNITES Challenge service-learning project. See program calendars for the two classes beginning in 2014.
Who should apply
The Ignite Louisville program is designed for next generation leaders who are on the path to significant leadership positions within their companies and organizations. The ideal Ignite Louisville candidate is an individual who is engaged, involved and ready to make a positive impact both in their career and in their community.
How to Apply
Applications for the two classes beginning in 2015 will open in January, 2015. The online application – which will be available on this page in January 2015 – considers education, career, community service, responses to essay questions and recommendations.
See Frequently Asked Questions about Ignite Louisville. For more information, contact Angella Wilson or call (502) 561-5221.