For Up-and-Coming Leaders, It’s Time to Ignite the Fire Within.
About the Program
Ignite Louisville prepares high-potential professionals for expanded opportunities in career and community leadership. Now offered twice a year (see program calendars), Ignite Louisville is a seven month life-changing personal and professional development experience that produces the skills, confidence, problem-solving abilities and connections essential to realizing leadership potential. Participants gain hands-on experience in civic leadership and working effectively as a team as well as heightened visibility within the community. Norton Healthcare is the presenting sponsor of Ignite Louisville.
“Ignite Louisville is an amazing program that has helped me tremendously in my leadership journey. The skills and the hands-on work with a non-profit have been invaluable and I will continue to use these skills in my daily work.”
Shari Baxter, PHD, IL ’14 – Beam Inc.
“I would and have recommended the Ignite Louisville program to friends and family. It was worth every bit of the personal sacrifice of time and finances. It has made me a better man, associate for my company, and leader in my community.
Alford Beck, IL ’14 – Humana, Inc.
“Learning to navigate and utilize my leadership skills with a group full of other leaders was challenging but really helped me grow.
Christy Weikert, IL ’14 – Louisville Water Company
How Individuals Benefit
- Gain leadership lessons that can only be learned outside your comfort zone.
- Unforgettable experiences and relationships that pay dividends personally and professionally.
- Public recognition as a rising leader armed with professional development training from the region’s top corporations, including Norton Healthcare, Yum! Brands, Inc., Brown-Forman Corporation, GE, Northwestern Mutual, as well as the U.S. Army.
- Strong credentials as someone with demonstrated ability to take on leadership challenges and serve on civic boards and committees.
How Organizations Benefit
- Better, stronger leaders, regardless of the size of your organization.
- Valuable business connections with the region’s top corporations, including access to invaluable internal training programs of these organizations.
- Local recognition as an organization dedicated to growing the next generation of leaders in our community.
- Learn more about how your organization benefits.
Ignite Louisville is offered two times annually, from May-November and October-April. Both programs include a two-day opening retreat followed by one full day per month for six months, plus time spent working with a nonprofit partner in the Yum! IGNITES Challenge service-learning project. See program calendars for the two classes beginning in 2015.
Program calendars for upcoming classes
Program days are held on Wednesdays, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Class beginning May 2015:
April 21, 2015 (Orientation, 4-5:30 p.m.)
May 14-15, 2015 (Mandatory overnight Opening Retreat)
June 17, 2015
July 8, 2015
August 5, 2015
September 2, 2015
October 7, 2015
November 18, 2015 (Graduation)
Class beginning October 2015:
September 29, 2015 (Orientation, 4-5:30 p.m.)
October 22-23, 2015 (Mandatory overnight Opening Retreat)
November 13, 2015
December 9, 2015
January 20, 2016
February 17, 2016
March 9, 2016
April 20, 2016 (Graduation)
Who should apply
The Ignite Louisville program is designed for next generation leaders who are on the path to significant leadership positions within their companies and organizations. The ideal Ignite Louisville candidate is an individual who is engaged, involved and ready to make a positive impact both in their career and in their community. Join our email list to be notified about important dates regarding the Ignite Louisville program.
How to Apply
Applications for the two classes beginning in 2015 are closed. The online application considers education, career, community service, responses to essay questions and recommendations. Applications for the classes beginning in 2016 will open in January 2016.
See Frequently Asked Questions about Ignite Louisville. For more information, contact Angella Wilson or call (502) 561-5221.