Want to grow as a leader? You’ve come to the right place.
At Leadership Louisville Center, we’ve been building leaders for more than 30 years. Over 6,000 community leaders have graduated from the Center’s programs that include Leadership Louisville, Focus Louisville, Ignite Louisville and Bingham Fellows.
As a result of our programs, graduates are inspired with a sense of ownership in our region’s future and have the knowledge and network to thrive as a community leader.
Our programs and events offer participants an increase in professional contacts, exposure for their businesses and access to decision-makers in the community. As members, our graduates extend and deepen the experience by staying connected to community issues and fellow graduates.
In 2011, the Leadership Louisville Center was recognized as one of the top seven community leadership programs in the U.S. in a benchmark study by the Center for Creative Leadership, the “gold standard” global provider of executive leadership education and research.
Which program is right for you?
A 2 ½ day activity-filled program designed to give attendees a fascinating insider’s look at Louisville. Participants learn from inspiring, passionate leaders in our community and develop a better sense of how to put leadership into action. For newcomers or native Louisvillians.
- Anyone with enthusiasm to learn more about Louisville and take a more active role as a citizen.
- Civic-minded entrepreneurs, managers, educators, senior executives of major corporations and nonprofit organizations, young professionals.
- Aspiring community leaders who may want to participate in Ignite Louisville, Leadership Louisville and/or Bingham Fellows.
Time commitment: Two and one half days
A program that provides young professionals with the skills, confidence, problem-solving abilities and connections essential to professional success. Participants build new relationships, learn from top executives in Louisville’s major corporations and get hands-on experience as part of a team-based, service-learning project.
- Young professionals in their 20′s and 30′s who have already demonstrated civic leadership in some capacity.
- Individuals who want to be better, stronger, more well-connected leaders.
Time commitment: Seven months, including a mandatory overnight retreat followed by one full day per month, plus time spent on the service-learning project.
A program for the area’s most dynamic leaders from all fields. Participants fully explore local government, education, economic development and the arts. Along the way, they build a long-lasting network of local leaders and discover community issues they’re most passionate about.
- Senior executives from corporate, nonprofit and government sectors.
- Individuals who have already demonstrated significant civic leadership.
- Professionals who are ready to expand their influence in the community and are willing to commit to a 10-month program.
Time commitment: Ten months, including an overnight opening retreat followed by one full day per month.
A community-action program for advanced leaders. Participants work as a team to develop dynamic and innovative solutions to this community’s most pressing problems.
- Graduates of Focus Louisville, Ignite Louisville, Leadership Louisville or other community or state leadership programs.
- Creative thinkers with a passion for a stronger community.
- Subject matter experts on the slated topic.
- Individuals who are willing to commit to an 9-month, community action project.
Time commitment: Nine months, including a two-day retreat, followed by one full day per month, plus time spent outside of class on projects