Because Leadership Starts at Home.
Focus Louisville is an activity-filled program that offers everyone from newcomers to native Louisvillians a fascinating insider’s look at our community. It’s all designed to give attendees a more complete view and understanding of Louisville, along with a better sense of how to put leadership into action.
“Growing up in the Louisville area, I was amazed at how much I learned about the city in such a short time. Focus Louisville made me excited to be a part of this great city – I am now motivated to find ways to give back.”
Tami Hatfield-Kennedy, Training & Events Coordinator – Ford Motor Company
“As a newcomer to the city, Focus Louisville gave me an edge. I was able to learn more about Louisville and make new connections that have yielded interest in our mission and sparked potential collaborations.”
Marta Miranda, President/CEO – The Center for Women and Families
“Through Focus Louisville I learned that Louisville is home to some incredible, game-changing work and play, both locally and globally.”
Ken Selvaggi, Vice President and General Manager – WAVE-TV
“Through Focus Louisville, I have been exposed to so many things that have been right in my backyard but of which I was totally unaware. Certainly this new awareness will enable me to strive harder to help build/change our community.”
Linda Johnson, Director of Membership Marketing – University Club
“JCPS Superintendent Dr. Donna Hargens gave us a picture of where our school system stands in the scheme locally and nationally. Her presentation changed my perception.”
Dennis Ogbe, Global Community Relations Specialist – Brown-Forman Corporation
How Individuals Benefit
- Inspiration through a hands-on learning experience of Louisville’s past, present and potential future.
- Exposure to local leaders, issues and opportunities for community leadership.
- New friendships, new ideas and new perspectives from a diverse group of people within our community.
How Organizations Benefit
- Unique way to enhance operational training, as well as recognize and reward top talent.
- A more personal, more informational way to introduce new employees to all that Louisville has to offer.
- Valuable new relationships that can result in new opportunities and added visibility for your organization.
Time commitment: 2 ½ days
Who Should Participate
Anyone with enthusiasm to learn more about Louisville and take a more active role as a citizen should participate in Focus Louisville. Typically, participants range from newcomers to the community to long-time residents.